- Does Birmingham need to call in independent election observers?
An interesting report by an election agent on problems with how the General Election in Birmingham was administered. Plenty of food for thought there.
- Westminster Hall debate on Electoral Administration Reform
I couldn’t resist annotating the bit about Swindon’s e-voting pilots!
- A good piece in LibDemVoice’s Election Law channel reviewing the above debate
- Lord Puttnam’s Speech: Parliament and Young People – bringing the two together in a digital world
Really a very good read…
Recent blog entries
- Where’s the sense in the energy bill outrage?
- Speech to Green Party Autumn Conference 2013
- Modernising the council and responding to Tory opportunism
- Rewiring Public Services – Local Government’s battle cry for the future
- Squaring the circle in Brighton and Hove – the full picture on pay & allowances
- Speech to Green Party Spring Conference 2013
- Comment on Welfare Reform from a Council perspective
- Peter James and the Mobile Library
- Trip report – Estonia on e-voting, transport and politics
- Reject the Benefit Cap
Tagsbooks brighton buses business canada cycling diebold e-counting e-voting education elections energy estonia eu finance foi goldsmid gpex09 green health hove india italian licensing links localgov london music old royal alex ORG organic parliament politics preston-street primark privatisation recipe salad seafront tory usa video waste welfare youtube case